ADSM-L

Re: Second level collocation

2004-09-14 18:58:43
Subject: Re: Second level collocation
From: Steve Harris <Steve_Harris AT HEALTH.QLD.GOV DOT AU>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 08:58:06 +1000
Thanks  Wanda and Matt

Sometimes its useful to measure the usefulness of the complexity that this
product will support against the real world. I've also had a long off-list
conversation with Allen Rout which was most productive.

I think the KISS principle should rule in this case. That, and expect no
assistance from the users, but plenty of criticicism should you fail to live up
to their *unspoken* assumptions.

Regards

Steve.

>>> Matthew.Warren AT POWERGEN.CO DOT UK 15/09/2004 0:53:55 >>>
As I was reading this, I immediatley thought,  hoho, if he can get the
admins to properly classify their data. Then you wrote:

        On another front, am I too optimistic to think that local client
administrators will appropriately classify their data? Your experiences
on this front too will be helpful - particularly those universities out
there who have little control over your clients.

This has been a constant thorn in my side. Trying to get people to think
about restore requirements. Despite many meetings, explanations,
arguments etc.. it pretty much without fail ends up coming back as 'back
it all up, and keep it all for the same anount of time.' I have very
rarely been succesfull in getting any kind of division of 'importance'
of data beyond 'os' 'app' and 'data'.

So , I would say YES.

Matt.