ADSM-L

effect of moving a client from one policy domain to another

2004-09-14 10:29:20
Subject: effect of moving a client from one policy domain to another
From: Richard Hammersley <Hammersl AT XAVIER DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 10:14:20 -0400
I've been asked to revamp our policy domains/policy sets/management
classes/copy groups.  They want new ones of everything.  The goal is to
group clients in different ways and have different values for the
version and retention attributes.

After I move a client from the old policy domain to the new and change
its schedule association what will happen to the data that was backed up
?  Will TSM treat it as "deleted files" and use the "versions data
deleted" and "retail only verstion" attributes to expire the files ?  Or
not and keep the active files ?  Or something else ?

Thanks.

Richard Hammersley
Xavier University