ADSM-L

migration question

2004-09-09 08:09:58
Subject: migration question
From: "Levi, Ralph" <RLevi AT HESS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 08:09:47 -0400
I am running TSM 5.1.9 on AIX 4.3.3 .  My primary disk pool is 490GB
with the himig=95, lowmig=90 and migprocess=1 .  Occasionally, I hit the
95% mark before the normal scheduled migration takes place.  When that
happens the automigration starts and I would expect it to stop once it
gets below the 90% mark.  It typically does not.  Instead, it will
continue to until it gets to the mid 70% level.  My maxsize threshold is
20gb but with only 1 migprocess running that wouldn't account for such a
big migration. Does anyone have any ideas ?

Thanks,
Ralph