ADSM-L

Backint for Oracle

2004-09-03 13:48:27
Subject: Backint for Oracle
From: Russ Brooks <Russell.Brooks AT PERDUE DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 13:32:58 -0400
Hi,
We are currently using TSM, TDP for Oracle, and RMAN to backup our SAP
databases, Oracle 8.1.7.4 and 9.2.0.5.  Several years ago I used the
backint interface with brbackup, and I would like to reevaluate it in the
current environment.
   Has Backint been replaced by or integrated into TSM for ERP?
   While the doc on TSM for ERP makes it appear to be a lovely product, it
   does seem expensive.  Can the backint executable be obtained seperately?
   We don't really need all the bells and whistles.

Thanks,
Russ