ADSM-L

TDP for Exchange 5.5

2004-09-02 14:27:46
Subject: TDP for Exchange 5.5
From: Jason Couto <JasonC AT INVERA DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 14:27:43 -0400
I am trying to configure the TDP for exchange to be able to backup my
Exchange 5.5 Directory and Information store fully and on a daily basis.
Here is what I have in my dsm.opt (for the tdpexchange) but when I try to
schedule a job it doesn't look like it reads my dsm.opt and it does an
incremental on the entire system.

DSM.opt for the TDP Exchange:

NODename                mailserverexchtdp

CLUSTERnode            no

COMPRESSIon            Off

PASSWORDAccess       Generate

COMMMethod             TCPip

TCPPort                     1500

TCPServeraddress       172.20.100.50

TCPWindowsize           63

TCPBuffSize                32

SCHEDMODE             prompted

EXCLUDE                   "*+AFw-...+AFw-*"

INCLUDE                   "mailserver+AFw-directory" exchange

INCLUDE                   "mailserver+AFw-informaiton store" exchange

DSM.opt for the BA Client:

Nodename                 mailserver

commmethod             tcpip

PASSWORDACCESS     GENERATE

schedmode                prompted

TCPSERVERADDRESS  172.20.100.50

tcpport                      1500

quiet

DOMAIN  C:

SNAPSHOTCACHELOCATION        F:+AFw-

DOMAIN    F:

exclude.dir "f:+AFw-exchsrvr"

exclude.dir "c:+AFw-winnt"

exclude.dir "c:+AFw-Documents and Settings"

exclude.dir "*:+AFw-RECYCLER"

I have the TSM BAclient and the TDP for exchange installed on the system. I
setup my BA dsm.opt correctly and I am able to backup the system files but I
am having problems backing up the exchange through the client.

Why is this happening?

Jason

waive any related rights and obligations. Any distribution, use or copying of
this e-mail or the information it contains by other than an intended recipient
is unauthorized. If you received this e-mail in error, please advise me (by
return e-mail or otherwise) immediately.

Ce courriel est confidentiel et prot+AOk-g+AOk-. L'exp+AOk-diteur ne renonce pas aux droits
et obligations qui s'y rapportent. Toute diffusion, utilisation ou copie de ce
message ou des renseignements qu'il contient par une personne autre que le
(les) destinataire(s) d+AOk-sign+AOk-(s) est interdite. Si vous recevez ce courriel par
erreur, veuillez m'en aviser imm+AOk-diatement, par retour de courriel ou par un
autre moyen.