ADSM-L

Re: Disaster Recovery

2004-09-02 07:15:58
Subject: Re: Disaster Recovery
From: "Fernando Figueiredo (EDS)" <fernando.figueiredo AT GALPENERGIA DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 12:15:44 +0100
In our DR procedure we have included only the last 8 days of our COPY_POOL
volumes from DRMEDIA table, that need to be sent to DR Site. Our backup size is
almost 2Tb on a daily basis and we do full backups weekly and incremental on a
daily basis to LTO1.
Using this method we can control the number of volumes that need to be sent to
our DR center, and we can reduce operations during recover, otherwise we need
to load required volumes into the library each time TSM require.

We send prepare file and "priority volumes" (from drmedia table) to our DR site
and to our offsite safe. You'll not need to change anything in you prepare
file, DR plan and DR tests.
The result in a DR Test scenario should be the same as your DR Plan.

You shouldn't create DR scenario tests that are different from your DR Plan
otherwise things might not work.

The major advantage is to test DR with COPY_POOL, but you only need to transfer
part of your COPY_POOL and not all COPY_POOL volumes. Of course for security
purposes....

Fernando Figueiredo
EDS Portugal
Senior System Administrator