ADSM-L

Re: Include/Exclude Question

2004-09-01 19:10:23
Subject: Re: Include/Exclude Question
From: TSM_User <tsm_user AT YAHOO DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 16:10:23 -0700
I have always seen that the dsm.opt file IS processed from bottom up.  How it
is read I don't know but everything not just the include/exclude list appears
to be processed from teh bottom up.

Take a windows client and put 2 "NODE" statements in it.  Notice that it will
always use the bottom one to connect.

We have seen this with other things like TCPWidowSize.  Someone had accidently
put that entry in two places in the dsm.opt. One at the top and the other at
the bottom.  We adjusted the one at the top not realizing there was another
entry.  Of course nothing changed. Once we removed the entry from the bottom
all was well.

I just ran the test above again using V5.2.3 on Windows XP.

Further, with TSM servers dsmserv.opt the same thing happens.  When you run the
set opt command it adds an entry to the bottom of the dsmserv.opt file so that
it is read in first.  This way if the default option was set above it will use
the one at the bottom of the file.

Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM> wrote:
Interesting.... I'll have to look into this. If you don't specify the
DEAULTSERVERNAME option in dsm.sys, the default stanza should be the
*first* one in the list, not the last.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" wrote on 09/01/2004
11:49:16: