ADSM-L

Re: Select for access date

2004-09-01 13:31:04
Subject: Re: Select for access date
From: "Mark D. Rodriguez" <mark AT MDRCONSULT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 12:31:45 -0500
Gill, Geoffrey L. wrote:

select volume_name, cast(last_write_date as date) as "Last Write Date",
cast(last_read_date as date) as "Last Read Date" from volumes where
stgpool_name='$1' and cast(last_write_date as date)<(current_date-180
days) and cast(last_read_date as date)<(current_date-180 days) order by $2

$1 will be the storage pool name, remember all caps
$2 will be the column you want to sort by

Good luck I hope this works for you.

Mark,
Thanks for the reply. There is a very interesting problem I see with the
return data. I can see there are 233 tapes in that pool, all of which are in
the library at the moment.

StgPool Name           Status                     # Tapes
------------------     ------------------     -----------
ARCHIVE_TPOOL          FILLING                          5
ARCHIVE_TPOOL          FULL                           228

The statement only returns 90 tapes though. What am I missing as to why
those other tapes don't show up??

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
NT Systems Support Engineer
SAIC
E-Mail:   gillg AT saic DOT com
Phone:  (858) 826-4062
Pager:   (877) 854-0975

Geoff,

The reason the select statement only returns 90 tapes is that you asked
for only those tapes that have not been accessed for more than 6 months
(actually I used 180 days).  I defined accessed as read or written in
that time period.  If you wanted to make the script more flexible you
could replace the 180 with a positional parameter as well and pass to it
the number of days you want to look for.

I hope that clears it up for you.

--
Regards,
Mark D. Rodriguez

MDR Consulting
The very best in Technical Training and Consulting.
IBM Advanced Business Partner
SAIR Linux and GNU Authorized Center for Education
IBM Certified Advanced Technical Expert, CATE
AIX Support and Performance Tuning, RS6000 SP, TSM/ADSM and Linux
Red Hat Certified Engineer, RHCE