ADSM-L

Re: Error ACO5422E - TDP SQL

2004-08-30 08:10:42
Subject: Re: Error ACO5422E - TDP SQL
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 08:11:51 -0400
George,

You are not correct in this case. It is not a TSM API error.
Search through the archives of this mailing list
     http://search.adsm.org
for:
     0x80040bc5
to locate solutions for previous customers that
have seen this problem.

Also, you should consider upgrading Data Protection for SQL
to a version that is currently supported.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 08/27/2004
05:44:20 PM:

> Hi, folks.
>
> I'm writing this message because I'm having a trouble with:
> TDP for SQL - version 2.2.1
> Operating System - Windows NT 4 - SP6
>
> I want to use sql authentication. I put a new User ID and password, and
> change the service TDP for SQL at startup (log on as this account XXXX
> and password).
>
> I stopped and restarted the service after this modifications, and when
> I run a backup test I received the following error code into TDP:
> "Backup failed. ACO5422E received the following from the MS SQL Server
> [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Backup or restore
> operation terminating abnormally. Microsoft SQL-DMO (ODBC SQLState:
42000)