ADSM-L

Re: Windows 2003 Storage Server

2004-08-26 19:28:57
Subject: Re: Windows 2003 Storage Server
From: TSM_User <tsm_user AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 16:29:49 -0700
I have customers running it on Dell NAS.  It works fine for them as well.  We
have noticed that the TSM client can scan more objects per hour on Windows 2003
NAS than on the exact same hardware running Windows 2003.  It seems the same
optimization made for file server also helps the TSM client.  This Dual CPU
Windows 2003 NAS scans around over 2 million objects per hour.

Imre Kloknicer <ikloknicer AT EU.INFOBAL DOT COM> wrote:
Hi,

Is Windows 2003 Storage Server supported by TSM? Is there anyone who
backs up data stored on a NAS with Windows 2003 Storage Server? I'm
looking for some experience but I didn't really find anything on the
net.

Regards,
Imre