ADSM-L

Re: TSM server recovery with database copy2 volumes

2004-08-26 12:29:19
Subject: Re: TSM server recovery with database copy2 volumes
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 12:30:07 -0400
Hi Mubashir!-

Yes, you should be OK if you lose filesystem A.

If filesystem A dies, you should ge a message in the activity log showing
the error, and TSM will just keep on running with the DB copy on filesystem
B.

If you have to restart the TSM server and it can't find filesystem A, it
will still come up and run with only the copy on filesystem B.
You don't have to do anything special.

How does it work?
Browse (DO NOT EDIT!) the dsmserv.dsk file in the TSM server directory.
That is the file TSM reads when it comes up, to find it's DB and log files.

Wanda