ADSM-L

Re: Firewall Issues:

2004-08-26 11:20:44
Subject: Re: Firewall Issues:
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 11:21:18 -0400
I've got Windows clients running through a firewall at 5.2.0.2 and 5.2.2.5,
no issues.
Polling mode works fine, and the only port you need open for the scheduler
to work is 1500.

However, I'm not using managed services (dsmcad), just the regular old
scheduler.
I'm not sure what the effect is of using dsmcad.

It's interesting though, that in your dsmerror.log, the client RECOGNIZED
that you were trying to get a connection from the server; that means
something got THROUGH the firewall to your client, yes?  Being able to back
up via the GUI also means you're getting through the firewall.

What I would try next is to simplify the interaction by dropping "managed
services", and just using the standard scheduler, and see if you get
different results.

Wanda Prather
"I/O, I/O, It's all about I/O"  -(me)