ADSM-L

Re: INCLEXCL again

2004-08-25 13:19:10
Subject: Re: INCLEXCL again
From: Dwight Cook <cookde AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 12:17:37 -0500

nothing wrong with those last three...
as long as you have active  management classes HOURLY, EACHWEEK, &
EACHMONTH  in the domain to which the node is registered...
UNLESS you have an "exclude.fs" or an "exclude.dir" statement.... those are
processed initially and (for lack of a better term) will override your
include/exclude statements...
Oh, are those independent filesystems ? or are they all just subdirectories
off of the /opt filesystem ???
for include/exclude statements, that ~shouldn't~ make a difference (that I
know of) but it might because there are quirks you will run into if you
have multiple filesystems where their names are subsets of each other....
like if each of these were independent filesystems... /opt   and   /opt/bob
and /opt/jane   etc....

Dwight E. Cook
Systems Management Integration Professional, Advanced
Integrated Storage Management
TSM Administration
(918) 925-8045

             fred johanson
             <fred AT MIDWAY DOT UCHI
             CAGO.EDU>                                                  To
             Sent by: "ADSM:           ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Dist Stor                                                  cc
             Manager"
             <[email protected]                                     Subject
             .EDU>                     INCLEXCL again

             08/25/2004 11:09
             AM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"

Had some trouble with mail the other day when I sent this, so I'll try
again.
There's something obviously wrong with the last three lines, but I just
can't see it.

>While we're on the topic of INCLUDES, what's wrong with the last
>three?  It's a SUN box.
>
>>EXclude /cdrom/.../*
>>EXclude /var/run/.../*
>>EXclude /var/tmp/.../*
>>EXclude /tmp/.../*
>>INclude /opt/CThourly/db/.../* HOURLY
>>INclude /opt/CTweekly/db/.../* EACHWEEK
>>INclude /opt/CTmonthly/db/.../* EACHMONTH

Fred Johanson
ITSM Administrator
University of Chicago
773-702-8464