ADSM-L

Re: Suspending all scheduled backups

2004-08-24 12:16:18
Subject: Re: Suspending all scheduled backups
From: Joe Pendergast <JPendergast AT WATSONPHARM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 09:16:54 -0700
The DRM part of TSM creates nice scripts to make DR testing easy.

If you do not have DRM, you can place:
DISABLESCHEDS YES
into the dsmserv.opt file.

This option will disable all schedule execution for you without having to
"catch" them after starting the server.

PS:  we just finished our second successful offsite DR test.  I cannot say
enough about the TSM DRM package (when configured properly.)

                      Lawrence Clark
                      <[email protected]        To:       ADSM-L AT
VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                      TATE.NY.US>                   cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM: Dist          Subject:  Suspending all
scheduled backups
                      Stor Manager"
                      <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

                      08/24/2004 07:13 AM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

We want to test a TSM disaster recovery server.

Administrative schedules can be made inactive..............but is there
a way of suspending scheduled backups of clients?

 Larry