ADSM-L

Re: Sending events to TEC

2004-08-24 10:34:55
Subject: Re: Sending events to TEC
From: Matthew Glanville <matthew.glanville AT KODAK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 10:34:30 -0400
We tried this.  It worked. It's easy to set up as documented.

But anytime the TEC was restarted
the events stopped being sent from the TSM servers
until the TSM server was restarted or we ran the TSM commands:
TSM:> end eventlogging tivoli
TSM:> begin eventlogging tivoli

IBM/Tivoli Support wasn't very helpful in putting this in as a bug in TSM
4.2.x.  We gave up. (I am not sure if it is fixed in TSM 5.x)

Also it is time consuming figuring out which events to send to the TEC  (q
eventrules, enable/disable events tivoli MSG#)
Or send them all there and let your TEC figure it out. (Until TSM server
hiccups and sends thousands per second)

Matthew G.

                      "Stapleton,
                      Mark"                    To:      ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT
EDU
                      <mark.stapleton@         cc:
                      BERBEE.COM>              Subject: Re: Sending events to
TEC
                      Sent by: "ADSM:
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      T.EDU>

                      08/24/2004 09:11
                      AM
                      Please respond
                      to "ADSM: Dist
                      Stor Manager"

From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On
Behalf Of Nicolas Savva
>I am using TSM V5.1.5 on windows 2000 platform and i am
>planning to customize TSM to send events to TEC.
>Is there any documentation available that describes the
>customization needed from TSM and TEC side?

RTFM.

Page 449 of the IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for Windows Administrator's
Guide, version 5.1.5. (The topic is also listed in this manual's table
contents.)

Berbee Information Networks
Office 262.521.5627