ADSM-L

Re: 2 3494 Tape libraries seem to have very different capacities. Any ideas?

2004-08-23 13:44:09
Subject: Re: 2 3494 Tape libraries seem to have very different capacities. Any ideas?
From: John C Dury <jdury AT DUQLIGHT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 13:44:48 -0400
Collocation is on for both the 3494LOCAL and the 3494REMOTE tape libraries.
Sorry. I meant to include that in the original posting.
J.

 Collocation on the local storagepools and not-collocation on the remote
 ones?

 >>> jdury AT DUQLIGHT DOT COM 8/23/2004 1:26:57 PM >>>
       We have 2 3494 tape libraries. One is local and the other is
 remote.
 The local one (3494LOCAL) receives all the data from the nightly
 backups as
 it gets migrated from disk. The remote one (3494REMOTE) is only used as
 the
 target of backing up the 3494LOCAL storage pool which gets done
 everyday
 during the day. 3494LOCAL has 577 library volumes in it. 3494REMOTE has
 494
 library volumes in it. Both tape libraries only have 3590K tapes in
 them.
       My problem is that 3494LOCAL has 62 scratch tapes available and
 3494REMOTE has 207 scratch tapes in it. Reclamation runs daily and sets
 the
 same percentage (57) for both libraries. How can there be such a huge
 difference in the number of scratch tapes if both libraries should
 roughly
 have the same amount of data? It's making me a little nervous that
 3494REMOTE doesn't have the same data or something somewhere is going
 wrong.
 Any ideas?
 Thanks,
 John