ADSM-L

Re: Restoring an SQL database

2004-08-18 12:35:34
Subject: Re: Restoring an SQL database
From: David McClelland <David.McClelland AT REUTERS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 17:35:11 +0100
Hi Moses,

Yes, this is a supported and documented feature...

I'm looking at the readme for 'IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for Databases
Data Protection for Microsoft SQL Server' (or TDPS as we call it around
here!) version 5.2.1, and one of the sections is entitled "Alternate
Server Restore Procedure". It gives you a few knowledge base references,
and points you to the following:

http://www.ibm.com/Search?v=11&lang=en&cc=us&q=alternate+sql+restore

Good luck,

David McClelland
Tivoli Storage Manager Certified Consultant
Management Systems Capabilities Group
Shared Infrastructure Development
Reuters
85 Fleet Street