ADSM-L

Re: Question about move media

2004-08-18 07:36:00
Subject: Re: Question about move media
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 07:36:08 -0400
>I have a storage pool for archive which is at the LTO library.
>The Pool is of course primary pool.
>If i Move media xxx xxxx from the pool outside for SAFE , soon or later the
>volumes became unavailable.  The reason is tha they are "requested" for
>Reclamation, and since they are Not at the library they became unavailable.
>Customer want some archive for 32 days , and some for 7 Years .
>I am not using DRM ..
>So what is the "correct" way to take volumes out , and then check them
>in from Primary Stgpool ??

Move Media is fine; but that unto itself is incomplete.  Thereafter you either
have to suppress reclamation for that stgpool or respond to mount requests.
For very long retentions you may want to have a separate stgpool and management
class.  To respond to mount requests, follow the guidance provided in the TSM
Admin Guide manual under Managing Server Requests for Media.

  Richard Sims