ADSM-L

Howto define path in a library sharing env.

2004-08-17 10:47:51
Subject: Howto define path in a library sharing env.
From: Gilles <gilles.roelants AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 16:47:52 +0200
Hi,

In a library sharing env. with the library manager [5.1.9.3] running
on Solaris8 and the library clients [5.1.9.3] running on various OS
(Solaris8 & Linux) how do I have to define the PATH to the library
[IBM3584] ? only once ?

With n Solaris8 library clients the path to the library is only
defined once on the library manager (working fine). Later I introduced
a Linux library client. Server to server communication is working fine
but I'm unable to mount tape volumes from it (path to drives are
defined). I checked with IBMtapeutil the library & the drives and
everything is working fine.

I'm out of ideas, so suggestions are more than welcome.