ADSM-L

Multiple nodes in dsm.opt (or dsm.sys).

2004-08-12 17:59:26
Subject: Multiple nodes in dsm.opt (or dsm.sys).
From: Todd Lundstedt <Todd_Lundstedt AT VIA-CHRISTI DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 16:58:56 -0500
Client is 5.2.2.9 running on AIX5.2 with HACMP.

On AIX, how do I setup the baclient to recognize more than one node name,
so I can start multiple "dsmc sched" processes; one for the local drives,
and one for each shared resource group (I have made this work on Windows
boxes, but this is the first time I have had to do this on AIX).  I had
intended to keep the dsm.opt, dsm.sys, schedule logs, inclexcl list, and
error logs for the local filesystems in /usr/tivoli/tsm, and the dsm.opt,
dsm.sys, logs and list for the shared resource groups on the shared disks.
 I need to be able to have different inclexcl lists for each nodename to
ensure things get backed up to the correct nodename.

++The following two files (plus an inclexcl.lst file) exist in
/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin

--dsm.opt for local hard drive files:
SErvername      axhrtlp1

--dsm.sys for local hard drive files:
SErvername  axhrtlp1
   COMMmethod         TCPip
   TCPPort            1500
   TCPServeraddress   200.1.1.41
   PASSWORDAccess     generate
   schedlogname       /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsmsched.log
   INCLEXCL           /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/inclexcl.lst
   errorlogname       /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsmerror.log
   schedlogretention  5
   errorlogretention  5
   DIRMC              VCHS_DIRMC

++The following two files (plus an inclexcl.lst file) exist in
/oracle/cluster/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin

--dsm.opt for shared drive files:
SErvername      axhrorap

--dsm.sys for shared drive files:
SErvername  axhrorap
   COMMmethod         TCPip
   TCPPort            1500
   TCPServeraddress   200.1.1.41
   PASSWORDAccess     generate
   schedlogname /oracle/cluster/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsmsched.log
   INCLEXCL /oracle/cluster/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/inclexcl.lst
   errorlogname /oracle/cluster/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsmerror.log
   schedlogretention  5
   errorlogretention  5
   DIRMC              VCHS_DIRMC

When I execute dsmc -optfile=/oracle/cluster/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.opt
and enter the servername of axhrorap, I get the following error...
08/12/04   15:28:18 ANS1370E The user ID entered does not have the correct
level of authority to access the client machine.

I searched through the documentation, and nothing jumped out at me as a
solution.  Where can I read about how to set this up?
Thanks in advance,
Todd