ADSM-L

Re: Selective backups

2004-08-12 11:40:09
Subject: Re: Selective backups
From: Sung Y Lee <sunglee AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 11:39:39 -0400

Mark,

The schedule looks good; however ,I believe that each object should be
surrounded by " " similar to below.  Yes,  you will need to specify
filespaces.
Also you should add -subdir=yes  and also you can list a maximum of 20
objects.    I see you have more than 20 filespaces, so if you are going to
take this route 2 separate schedules are required, 20,2 (objects).
Based on my experience, I will say that running selective backup is not fun
an incremental.

   Action: Selective
 Objects: "/" "/usr/" "/var/" "/tmp/" "/home/" "/usr/local/" "/opt/"
"/var/adm/perfmgr/" "/usr/local/backups/"
 "/ppl/" "/opt/patrol/"

Sung

             Mark Hayden
             <MHayden AT EPA DOT STAT
             E.IL.US>                                                   To
             Sent by: "ADSM:           ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Dist Stor                                                  cc
             Manager"
             <[email protected]                                     Subject
             .EDU>                     Selective backups

             08/12/2004 09:29
             AM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"

Hi All, never tried this, but we are going to replace some hardware over
the weekend, and want to schedule a complete backup of the server. Below
is what I set up, but wondered if I needed to put the filespaces in the
objects box. Since I'm running a selective backup, do I need to specify
filespaces in the objects box or not? Here is my setup. Thank you for
your help!

  Client schedules : ORACLE_RMAN PORA_SELECTIVE

Policy Domain Name ORACLE_RMAN
Schedule Name PORA_SELECTIVE
Description Pora migration to new box
Action SELECTIVE
Options -
Objects / /usr/ /opt/ /u01/ /u02/ /u03/ /u04/ /u05/ /u06/ /u07/ /u08/
/u09/ /u10/ /u11/ /u12/ /u13/ /u14/ /u15/ /u16/ /u17/ /u18/ /u19/
Priority 5
Start date 2004-07-21
Start time 18:00:00
Duration 1
Duration units HOURS
Period -
Period units ONETIME
Day of Week FRIDAY
Expiration -
Last Update Date/Time 2004-08-12 08:24:34.000000
Last Update by (administrator) ADMIN
Managing profile -

GIF image

GIF image