ADSM-L

Re: Checked in volumes could not be mounted

2004-08-11 05:33:28
Subject: Re: Checked in volumes could not be mounted
From: Tomas Nalevajko <nalevajk AT DCS.FMPH.UNIBA DOT SK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 11:30:34 +0200
On Tue, 10 Aug 2004, Ted Byrne wrote:

> >if you've read my previous posts, I've written that I'm checking in
> >volumes with checklabel=barcode that means all volumes are barcoded and I
> >think that also means there is nothing to label. Or am I wrong?
>
> The cartridges may well have barcode labels affixed to the outside; that
> does not guarantee that the tapes are labelled internally to match.  The
> error message you posted points to the possibility that there is no
> internal label on the tapes.
>
> If there is a question whether tapes are labelled, check them out of the
> library and run the label libv process to attempt to write a label onto the
> tape.  Activity log messages resulting from that process will shed light on
> whether the labelling was successful.  Label libv (without "overwrite=yes"
> will fail on tapes that are already labelled, or there could still be an
> I/O error logged.

I'm not sure if I understand the things the tsm is doing. But it looks
like volumes are checked in correctly if I check them in (instead of
checkin with labels=b) with
labeling command (label libvol <libname> search=b labels=b checkin=scr).

Who knows :o) Anyway thanks, you pointed me in right direction.

--
Nalevajko Tomas

e-mail: nalevajk AT dcs.fmph.uniba DOT sk
homepage: www.dcs.fmph.uniba.sk/~nalevajk