ADSM-L

Re: restore files use only 1 drive on my IBM 3583 library

2004-08-10 11:58:15
Subject: Re: restore files use only 1 drive on my IBM 3583 library
From: Curtis Stewart <Curtis.Stewart AT LAWSON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 10:57:58 -0500
There are two places to make a change.

1. On the TSM server increase the number of allowable mount points for the
client. Use upd node for this.
2. On the TSM client, add the resource parameter to the option file. Set
it to how many sessions you want to start.

If this restore is coming off disk, I don't think you will get parallel
streams. But if the data resides on multiple tapes, you should get more
than one session going.

Good Luck.

curtis.stewart AT lawson DOT com

Luc Beaudoin <lbeaudoi AT IS.JGH.MCGILL DOT CA>
08/10/2004 10:52 AM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
restore files use only 1 drive on my IBM 3583 library

Hi all

I'm restoring a lot of files ... is there a way to tell TSM to use more
than on drive for the restore ..
I have a IBM 3583 with 6 drives

thanks

Luc