ADSM-L

Re: FILE DEV CLASS

2004-08-10 04:14:42
Subject: Re: FILE DEV CLASS
From: Svetoslav Tolev <Bugs AT BULMAG DOT BG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 12:03:24 +0300
I recomend you to use bigger size (by the sample 1000 MB) because the
performance is sometimes better. The other reason is that if in volume is
writen only 100 MB - then the file will be 100 MB.... The only problem is
only when volume is full and usage is only 10 % - than the file will be
1GB but the reclamation and other optimization process are very fast...

Regards,
Svetoslav

Joel Cohen <Joel_Cohen AT AMP.COM DOT AU>
10.08.2004 02:55
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
FILE DEV CLASS

Is there a limit to the amount of volumes a file device class can have????
I have set the file class volume size to  30 Megs per volume, Should this
be larger??

Regards

Joel

This email message and any accompanying attachments may contain
information that is confidential and is subject to legal privilege. If you
are not
the intended recipient, do not read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy
this
message or attachments. If you have received this message in error, please
notify the sender immediately and delete this message. Any views expressed
in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the
sender
expressly, and with authority, states them to be the views of AMP. Before
opening any attachments, please check them for viruses and defects.