ADSM-L

Re: Strange q stgp behaviour

2004-08-06 08:28:49
Subject: Re: Strange q stgp behaviour
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 07:42:53 -0400
>I'm having a really strange problem with my copypool. It doesn't show some of
>the columns anymore when running the "q stgp" command.
>
>Yesterday, I removed the complete copy1 storage pool and associated volumes
>after which I have created a new copy1 pool, but the problem stays.
>
>Is there someone who knows what is the problem here?
>
>tsm: SERVER1>q stgp
>
>Storage         Device          Estimated       Pct       Pct     High Low
>Next Stora-
>Pool Name       Class Name       Capacity      Util      Migr      Mig Mig
>ge Pool
>                                     (MB)                          Pct Pct
>-----------     ----------     ----------     -----     -----     ---- ---
>-----------
>ARCHIVEPOOL     DISK                  0.0       0.0       0.0       90  60
>BACKUPPOOL
>BACKUPPOOL      DISK            200,000.0      81.8      81.8       60  50
>TAPEBACKUP
>COPY1           LTOTAPE        1,907,340.       6.0
>                                        0
>SPACEMGPOOL     DISK                  0.0       0.0       0.0       90  70
>BACKUPPOOL
>TAPEBACKUP      LTOTAPE        1,939,625.      40.8      70.0       90  70

You'd need to explain what you believe is missing and why you believe that, but
your output looks normal, with all columns present and populated where
appropriate.  Obviously, there is no need for column entries for migration where
the stgpool has no next level in the stgpool hierarchy.  (Column entries for
migration may persist where there had been a next stgpool, but was removed.)

   Richard Sims