ADSM-L

back-uped or not

2004-08-04 10:42:00
Subject: back-uped or not
From: "Wu, Jie*" <JWu AT NCTR.FDA DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 09:41:41 -0500
Hi All,

            We are trying to backup every night an oracle server, which
created a daily full export dump file around 27G in size. Combined with
other new files created on the server, we are expecting about 30G backup
each day. We have a script that queries the account log and email us the
report. The report shows that the server sends about 30G data over to our
DSM server. But if I do "q ba *.dmp" under the directory where the oracle
dump is generated, it shows that nothing has been backed up. I am very
positive that if 30G is backed up then the daily oracle export should be the
major part. Is it possible that the accounting information is wrong?

Jie