ADSM-L

Re: Empty tapes not returning to scratch

2004-08-02 15:32:38
Subject: Re: Empty tapes not returning to scratch
From: Ted Byrne <ted.byrne AT ADELPHIA DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 15:32:20 -0400
Fred,
Were these tapes originally scratch tapes?  Or are they assigned to the
storagepool?

Posting the output from the commands

        "q vol <tape_volser_here> f=d"
and
        "select * from volumes where volume_name='<tape_volser_here>'

would help us provide assistance.  Also, what sort of output/response
errors did you get when you attempted to "del vol" or "audit vol"?

Ted