ADSM-L

Re: Tape issue

2004-07-30 18:35:30
Subject: Re: Tape issue
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 18:35:15 -0400
>I tried the move data.  But the tape also has a write error on it, so I am
>guessing it cannot get to a fragment of a spanned file.

Jack - Standard recourse, then: Restore Volume.

If that isn't possible for some reason, and you've tried Move Data multiple
times, on all your drives, then do a Query Content on the volume and see if
the file might still be present on the client for a fresh backup to reinstate
it in the TSM storage pool after a Delete Volume...Discard=Yes.

  Richard Sims