ADSM-L

Re: ANS0101E on linux starting client scheduler

2004-07-29 09:55:14
Subject: Re: ANS0101E on linux starting client scheduler
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 09:54:45 -0400
>Not sure what changed between last week and today, but
>I can't seem to get the client scheduler started on a
>linux box.  I was able to start it last week, but now
>when I try I get:
>
>ANS0101E Unable to open English message repository
>'dsmclientV3.cat'
>
>I've searched the archives, and about all I've found
>on this error is to set LANG to en_US.  I've done
>that.  dsmclientV3.cat does exist in
>/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/en_US.
>
>What could be the problem?

http://people.bu.edu/rbs/ADSM.QuickFacts has supplementary info...
Have you checked that the directory and file permissions allow access by the
invoker, and that DSM_* environment variables are not pointing somewhere else?
I assume there's no further error indication in dsmerror.log.
If all else fails, you might try using DSM_DIR in a site script which starts the
client scheduler, identifying the directory where the client config files are.

  Richard Sims