ADSM-L

Re: archiving up files with single-quotes in the filename

2004-07-28 13:34:38
Subject: Re: archiving up files with single-quotes in the filename
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 11:34:20 -0600
Not sure why it is behaving this way, though it is almost certainly due to
the single quotes (somehow). In the filelist file, try putting the file
names in double quotes, like this:

"/a/path/to/a/'file1'"
"/a/path/to/a/'file2'"

then retry the operation.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 07/26/2004
08:07:15:

> Hello TSMers
>
> I am trying to perform an archive using the -filelist option on a unix
> system.
>
> The filelist contains a list of files of the format;
>
> /a/path/to/a/'file1'
> /a/path/to/a/'file2'
>
> unfortunatley (apparently) there is no way the filenames can be changed
> such that they do not contain single quotes...
>
> When issuing
>
> Dsmc archive -filelist=/path/to/the/filelist
>

> TSM generates a line of errors similar to;
>
> ANS1228E Sending of object '/a/path/to/*' failed
> ANS4005E Error processing '/a/path/to/*': file not found
> ANS1228E Sending of object '/a/path/to/*' failed
> ANS4005E Error processing '/a/path/to/*': file not found
>

> .. It seems to truncate the given path by the last element and replace
> this with '*'
>

> ..I have tried a few different combo's of escaping & quoting etc.. but
> no joy yet...  anyone else needed to do this before?
>

> Matt.
>

> ___________________________ Disclaimer Notice __________________________
> This message and any attachments are confidential and should only be
read by
> those to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient,

> please contact us, delete the message from your computer and destroy any

> copies. Any distribution or copying without our prior permission is
prohibited.

> Internet communications are not always secure and therefore Powergen
Retail
> Limited does not accept legal responsibility for this message. The
recipient
> is responsible for verifying its authenticity before acting on the
contents.
> Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do
not
> necessarily represent those of Powergen Retail Limited.
>
> Registered addresses:
>
> Powergen Retail Limited, Westwood Way, Westwood Business Park, Coventry,
CV4 8LG.