ADSM-L

Re: server scripts

2004-07-27 19:26:58
Subject: Re: server scripts
From: TSM_User <tsm_user AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 16:26:39 -0700
You can also set up TSM's configuration managment.  The TSM server manual has
all the steps listed.
In a nutshell:
1) Define your current server as the configuration manager
2) In the default profile on your current server ensure **ALL OBJECTS** are
listed for server scripts.
3) On the new server subscribe to the default profile. This will replicate all
objects to the new server that you have associated with the default profile.
If there is some stuff you don't want to replicate just remove it from the
profile.
4) If long term you don't want the objects to be managed from the current
server then simply delete the subscription and choose "NO" when asked if you
want to delete the objects associated with the profile.

This way you have everything moved from one server to another.  The real use
for this is when you have multiple TSM servers and you want the scripts you
have on one to exist on all of them.  Also, if you update the script on the
main server it will automatically get replicated out to the other servers.

Greg Kemp <gkemp AT MAC DOT COM> wrote:
Hi,

Is there any way to export or save server scripts? I am building a new
TSM server and want to use the same scripts I have on existing TSM
servers. Any way to avoid the hassle of having to recreate each script
on the new server. (I know a DB restore would work...but this is a new
server with new nodes) AIX server v5.2.2

Thanks,

Greg