ADSM-L

Re: size allocation error

2004-07-27 09:32:58
Subject: Re: size allocation error
From: Lowell Noragon <Lowell_Noragon AT PAYLESS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 08:16:53 -0500
I recently upgraded the TSM server from v 5.1.8.0 to v 5.1.9.2 running on
z/OS v 1.4.  Since this maintenance upgrade I am receiving the ANR1339W
messages on various client backups.  The clients that I am getting this
message for are as low as v 4.1.2.12 to as high as v 5.2.0.1.  I have an
open PMR with IBM.  Their first suggestion was to code the option
'txnbytelimit 25600' in the dsm.opt file for the client.  I did this on a v
4.2.1.20 client but it didn't help.  I am now being asked to try this
option on a v 5.2.0.0 client.

Lowell  Noragon
IS&T Storage Management
Payless ShoeSource, Inc.
785/559-6477
Location  K-4

             "Verhelst, Luc"
             <Luc.Verhelst@ATO
             SORIGIN.COM>                                               To
             Sent by: "ADSM:           ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Dist Stor                                                  cc
             Manager"
             <[email protected]                                     Subject
             .EDU>                     size allocation error

             07/27/2004 01:11
             AM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

Hi all,

I get the following warning error in my activity log:

ANR1339W Session 10931 underestimated a size allocation
                          request - 35MB more space was allocated to allow
the
                          operation to continue. (SESSION: 10931)

I get this error when I archive data to a diskpool.

I'm running a ITSM server 5.2.2.0 on an IBM AIX platform.  My client
version is also 5.2.2.0.

In the help doc it says I need to upgrade the client version. (see below)

System Action: None, the operation was able to continue.

User Response: The installed version of the client for this node should be
evaluated. In most cases, if a client has underestimated the sizes of files
reported to the server, this may have been corrected in a newer version of
the client. If this is an application using the TSM API that is not an IBM
product, contact the vendor for the application to have this corrected.

It says it "may" solve my problem if I upgrade to a newer version.

Has onyone of you experienced the same problems and has an upgrade solved
the problem.
Thanks for your info.

Regards,

Luc

Managed Services Unix
Minervastraat 7
B-1930 Zaventem
Phone: +32 (0)2 712 27 66
GSM: +32 (0)474 98 24 25
e-mail: luc.verhelst AT atosorigin DOT com

Disclaimer:
This electronic transmission and any files attached to it are strictly
confidential and intended solely for the addressee. If you are not
the intended addressee, you must not disclose, copy or take any
action in reliance of this transmission. If you have received this
transmission in error, please notify the sender by return and delete
the transmission.  Although the sender endeavors to maintain a
computer virus free network, the sender does not warrant that this
transmission is virus-free and will not be liable for any damages
resulting from any virus transmitted.
Thank You.