ADSM-L

Re: D2D vs. tape backups with TSM?

2004-07-26 19:27:13
Subject: Re: D2D vs. tape backups with TSM?
From: Steve Harris <Steve_Harris AT HEALTH.QLD.GOV DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 09:26:23 +1000
So, how high do you set your file class reclaim percentage?  If its that fast
you should be able to cope with 20% free or less before reclaim.

Steve.

>>> tsm_user AT YAHOO DOT COM 27/07/2004 9:12:33 >>>
Dito and that is how we implemented large disk backup solutions on ATA disk. We
use File device classes.  We have found that the reclaim extremely fast, much
faster than tape.

"Rushforth, Tim" <TRushforth AT WINNIPEG DOT CA> wrote:
You can run reclamation with D2D by using Devicetype=file on disk.