ADSM-L

Re: Changing Policy Domains

2004-07-23 12:05:02
Subject: Re: Changing Policy Domains
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 12:04:48 -0400
Thanks for the quick response.

I do not understand the scope of "lose any associated client schedules" ?
Do you mean for the node that I am moving to the new PD ?

I thought about the MC issue. However, wouldn't this cause issues with
everything already backed-up ?   I assume it would automagically rebind
everything or is this only for new backups ?  What would happen do old,
inactive backups that are still ticking off the clock due to deleted
filesystems, switched systems, etc ?

"Stapleton, Mark" <mark.stapleton AT BERBEE DOT COM>
07/23/2004 11:59 AM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: Changing Policy Domains

From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On
Behalf Of Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU
>What are the pitfalls/gotchas/hazards/ROT/suggestions of
>changing a NODES Policy Domain ?

You will lose any associated client schedules.

However, rather than create a whole new policy domain, just create some
new (non-default) management classes, and use them in the option files
for the nodes you want to affect?

--
Mark Stapleton