ADSM-L

Re: TDP Informix - copygroup retention values on Server?

2004-07-22 04:07:50
Subject: Re: TDP Informix - copygroup retention values on Server?
From: David McClelland <David.McClelland AT REUTERS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 09:05:50 +0100
Jack,

>> Reading the docs for the TDP closely helps.  I had to :(

I have been through what I've been able to find (there has been
relatively little of that compared to, say, Oracle or DB2 backups), but
alas I haven't been able to find anything about the server-side
copygroup configuration for a TDP Informix client. Unless I've missed
that page somewhere - please tell me I have as it seems like a fairly
fundamental piece of information to have available.

>> In any case, you need to have one client for the machine (system and
flat files), and another name for the TDP.

Yeah, the same as we have for other DB and cluster backups - we tend to
put them into a different policy domain too.

Rgds,

David McClelland
Reuters Ltd, London