ADSM-L

"Physical Space Occupied" in Q Occupancy???

2004-07-15 09:41:03
Subject: "Physical Space Occupied" in Q Occupancy???
From: "Chang, Calvin" <Calvin.Chang AT MOODYS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 09:40:46 -0400
Good Morning Everyone!

What does the number for "Physical Space Occupied" in the output of q occupancy
represents?  Is it total compressed space? or non-compressed space? The help on
the q occupancy was pretty vague...

"Physical Space Occupied (MB)

     The amount of physical space occupied by the file space. Physical space

     includes empty space within aggregate files, from which files may have

     been deleted or expired."

Let's says if I want to restore my entire node including Active and Inactive
files through the TSM GUI.  When I hit the "Estimate" button in the GUI to get
a total number of Bytes to restore, it actually represents a much higher number
than the q occupancy's output.

Is the "Physical Space Occupied" due to client and drive side compression?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

---------------------------------------

The information contained in this e-mail message, and any attachment thereto,
is confidential and may not be disclosed without our express permission.  If
you are not the intended recipient or an employee or agent responsible for
delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
you have received this message in error and that any review, dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message, or any attachment thereto, in whole or
in part, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error,
please immediately notify us by telephone, fax or e-mail and delete the message
and all of its attachments.  Thank you.

Every effort is made to keep our network free from viruses.  You should,
however, review this e-mail message, as well as any attachment thereto, for
viruses.  We take no responsibility and have no liability for any computer
virus which may be transferred via this e-mail message.