ADSM-L

Re: Upgrade...

2004-07-12 17:47:02
Subject: Re: Upgrade...
From: Gordon Woodward <gordon.woodward AT DB DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 07:46:41 +1000
Not sure about any know issues with 5.2 or above, haven't reached that far yet,
but you may want to update your 4.2 install to 4.2.4.1 first to run the latest
version of CLEANUP BACKUPGROUPS beforehand. I'm still at that stage now and
have been running the CLEANUP BACKGROUPS for the last few days but I don't
think it's anywhere near finished yet, anyone know how long this usually takes?

There is a article on the IBM support site detailing this step (look for ITSM
Server upgrade considerations for moving from prior versions to ITSM 5.2) but
it might be unnecessary for you to update to v4.2.4.1 judging by your current
level. We had to here because our servers were only at v4.2.2.1.

You can also get the 5.2 updates from here:

ftp://service.boulder.ibm.com/storage/tivoli-storage-management/

ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/storage/tivoli-storage-management/

You are going to need an original 5.2 CD though for licensing.

Hope that helps.

Gordon Woodward
Wintel Server Support

                      Jack.Coats@BANKST
                      ERLING.COM               To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      Sent by:                 cc:
                      [email protected].        Subject:  Upgrade...
                      EDU

                      13/07/2004 06:41
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      ADSM-L

Any know issues in doing an upgrade from TSM server 4.2.3.1 to the current
TSM (5.2? or 5.3?)

Does someone remember where I can download this from?

We just got the last Novell 4.11 off of TSM backups so we can upgrade TSM
now! Whoopee!

Oh yea, his is Windows 2000 Server.

Thanks ... Jack

notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized
forbidden.