ADSM-L

register license not working

2004-07-12 10:13:31
Subject: register license not working
From: Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 10:13:51 -0400
Hey everyone!

I tried to register licenses on our new AIX TSM 5.2.2.5 server and I
noticed that each piece has 50 registered (which I thought was bizarre).  I
tried to register 110 mgsyslan.lic licenses with the following command and
it is not changing...  register license file=mgsyslan.lic number=110  Any
suggestions?  Also,  since when is there a line that states the number of
xxx in try buy mode:0 ?  I've never seen anything like this before...

Number of TDP for Oracle in use: 0
Number of TDP for Oracle licensed: 50
Number of TDP for Oracle in try buy mode: 0

Thanks!

Joni Moyer
Highmark
Storage Systems