ADSM-L

Re: Select & query

2004-07-11 21:04:30
Subject: Re: Select & query
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 19:04:14 -0600
See APARs IC34609 and IC28825 for general information about this issue
(you can search for APARs at the IBM web site http://www.ibm.com).

I think you can "trick" this command into producing the desired results by
inserting the following after the word "WHERE" in your SQL statement:

   scheduled_start> '2000-01-01'

thus the complete command is:

   select date(scheduled_start) as "Date",
          node_name,
          schedule_name,
          status
      from events
      where scheduled_start> '2000-01-01' and
            date(scheduled_start)>=current date - 2 days and
            domain_name='STANDARD'
      group by scheduled_start,
               node_name,
               status,
               schedule_name

Note that there is nothing special about "2000-01-01"; it is just an
arbitrary date that is most likely to include all of the records in your
EVENTS table. In general, if you keep event log records for 'n' days, then
coding any date longer than 'n' days ago should work.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 07/11/2004
05:07:34: