ADSM-L

Re: Log file filled up -- how to extend? -- URGENT!

2004-07-11 19:46:58
Subject: Re: Log file filled up -- how to extend? -- URGENT!
From: Gordon Woodward <gordon.woodward AT DB DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 09:46:37 +1000
We had the exact same problem this morning with our TSM server, my heart is
still pumping away in a nervous state despite the problem being fixed now.

Our database backup ran over time due to issues with our secondary server, then
expiration took place and our server decided enough was enough. It took longer
then normal for the server to start up again after extending the log, I wasn't
looking forward to restoring the database if the server was cactus.

Glad you got your problem fixed too!

Gordon Woodward
Wintel Server Support

                      Jack.Coats@BANKST
                      ERLING.COM               To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      Sent by:                 cc:
                      [email protected].        Subject:  Re: Log file filled up
 --  how to extend? -- URGENT!
                      EDU

                      10/07/2004 01:26
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      ADSM-L

Thanks! To ALL that replied.

I knew it was in the manual, I just couldn't find it and had a panic attack!

This list is a 'lifesaver'.  It provides support and advice when needed.

Thanks again to all! ... Jack

notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized
forbidden.