ADSM-L

Old backups do not expire ???

2004-07-08 11:15:49
Subject: Old backups do not expire ???
From: Paul Van De Vijver <Paul.Van.De.Vijver AT HONDA-EU DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 17:15:27 +0200
Hi,

Can anyone help me with next problem.

By coincidence I saw we have a lot of old file backups hanging around
which should have been expired a long time ago

For example we still have inactive file backups from October 2002
and the corresponding Mgmt class is defined as follows :

Versions data exists = 5
Versions data deleted = 3
Retain extra versions = 90
Retain only version = 360

The original files were deleted on disk somewhere end of 2002.
I would expect that those backups should have been deleted after 360 days
.... end 2003 ????

The client (Windows NT) is still at level 4.2.1.30
TSM Server (running on Z/OS) is at level 5.1.80

We are running expiration process on a daily base

TIA

Paul

Van de Vijver Paul
Honda Europe NV
Belgium

The information contained in this communication is confidential and may be
legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or the
entity to whom it is addressed and others authorised to receive it. If you have
received it by mistake, please let the sender know by e-mail reply and delete
it from your system.
disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance of the
contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
Honda Europe NV is neither liable for the proper and complete transmission of
the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its
receipt.