ADSM-L

Re: TSM Log Error: all files fail backup

2004-07-07 21:28:10
Subject: Re: TSM Log Error: all files fail backup
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <mark.stapleton AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 20:28:00 -0500
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On
Behalf Of Jon Adams
>Hello everyone.  I have an interesting scenario to ask you
>about.  We have
>the TSM Client v5.2.1 or v5.2.2 installed on over 700 Windows servers
>including versions 4.0, 2000 and recently 2003.  The TSM host
>runs on AIX
>v5.1 and TSM server v5.1.7.3.  It also happens on another of
>our TSM severs running v5.1.9.0.

Officially, TSM server versions less than 5.2.0 do not support Windows
2003 backups. You've happened into a situation where the backups seem to
be working, but you get false summaries.

Consult the readmes that come with the installation media and
maintenance packs. (I'd point you at the web pages as well, but appears
that the Tivoli web boxes have been misconfigured or are currently down.

--
Mark Stapleton