ADSM-L

Re: Exclude.dir not working?

2004-07-07 13:18:45
Subject: Re: Exclude.dir not working?
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 11:17:50 -0600
The exclude file specfications need to look like this:

   exclude.dir g:\*
   exclude.dir h:\*
   exclude.dir j:\*
   exclude.dir k:\*
   exclude g:\*
   exclude h:\*
   exclude j:\*
   exclude k:\*

Alternatively you can have a domain statement:

   domain -g: -h: -j: -k:

Regads,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 07/07/2004
09:58:07:

> [...]
> Excl All       C:\WINNT\system32\config\software.log Operating System
> Excl All       C:\WINNT\system32\config\software Operating System
> Excl All       C:\WINNT\system32\config\security.log Operating System
> Excl All       C:\WINNT\system32\config\security Operating System
> Excl All       C:\WINNT\system32\config\sam.log Operating System
> Excl All       C:\WINNT\system32\config\sam   Operating System
> Excl All       C:\WINNT\system32\config\default.log Operating System
> Excl All       C:\WINNT\system32\config\default Operating System
> Excl All       C:\WINNT\schedlgu.txt          Operating System
> Excl All       C:\WINNT\registration\*.clb    Operating System
> Excl All       C:\WINNT\netlogon.chg          Operating System
> Excl All       C:\WINNT\debug\*               Operating System
> Excl All       C:\WINNT\csc\...\*             Operating System
> Excl All       C:\DOCUME~1\maadams\LOCALS~1\Temp\1\...\* Operating
> System
> Excl All       C:\Documents and Settings\maadams\...\index.dat Operating
> System
> Excl All       C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application
> Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\* Operating System
> Excl All       C:\adsm.sys\...\*              Operating System
> Excl All       *\Pagefile.sys                 Operating System
> Excl All       *\hiberfil.sys                 Operating System
> Excl All       *\...\*.crmlog                 Operating System
> Excl All       *\...\system32\Perflib*.dat    dsm.opt
> Excl All       *\...\Profiles\...\ntuser.dat* dsm.opt
> Excl All       *\...\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\...\*.*  dsm.opt
> Excl All       *\...\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\...\*    dsm.opt
> Excl All       *\...\win386.swp               dsm.opt
> Excl All       *\Program Files\Netscape\...\Cache\*.* dsm.opt
> Excl All       *\Program Files\Netscape\...\Cache\* dsm.opt
> Excl All       *\winnt\profiles\...\History\*.* dsm.opt
> Excl All       *\winnt\profiles\...\History\* dsm.opt
> Excl All       *\IBMDOS.COM                   dsm.opt
> Excl All       *\recycler\...\*.*             dsm.opt
> Excl All       *\recycler\...\*               dsm.opt
> Excl All       *\recycler\*.*                 dsm.opt
> Excl All       *\recycler\*                   dsm.opt
> Excl All       *\IBMBIO.COM                   dsm.opt
> Excl All       *\...\EA DATA. SF              dsm.opt
> Excl All       *\microsoft uam volume\...\*.* dsm.opt
> Excl All       *\microsoft uam volume\...\*   dsm.opt
> Excl All       *\microsoft uam volume\*.*     dsm.opt
> Excl All       *\microsoft uam volume\*       dsm.opt
> Excl All       *\macintosh volume\...\*.*     dsm.opt
> Excl All       *\macintosh volume\...\*       dsm.opt
> Excl All       *\macintosh volume\*.*         dsm.opt
> Excl All       *\macintosh volume\*           dsm.opt
> No DFS include/exclude statements defined.

information
> intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law.
 If