ADSM-L

Re: A quick question

2004-07-06 04:10:15
Subject: Re: A quick question
From: Gordon Woodward <gordon.woodward AT DB DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 15:45:55 +1000
We use Fujifilm LTO1 in our Dell SAN attached PV136T library and haven't have
any problems with them, we've been using them for the last two years at least.
Maybe it's just a bad batch of tapes? We also use HP LTO's with no problems
either, we have been warned by Dell not to use Imation LTO's though.

Cheers,

Gordon Woodward
Wintel Server Support

                      matt AT IDEXX DOT COM
                      Sent by:                 To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      [email protected].        cc:
                      EDU                      Subject:  A quick question

                      06/07/2004 08:28
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      ADSM-L

Hi fellow TSMer's

Has anyone had trouble with Fuji LTO-1 Tapes getting stuck in a Fire Channel
LTO-1 drive in a 3584 tape library? I ordered a batch of thirty of them a
few weeks ago it seems like at least six of them get stuck in the drive and
it gets marked offline. I have over 300+ tapes coming in and out of this
library and the only ones that get stuck are the tape out of this batch I
ordered.  I am pretty sure it is this batch of tapes, unless I am missing
something.

Before I go to war I just wanted to run it by the collective wisdom of this
list. Any help or advice will be appreciated.

Thank You,
Matt Martinez
UNIX Systems Administrator
IDEXX Laboratories, Inc.
matt AT idexx DOT com

notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized
forbidden.