ADSM-L

Re: SNMP on Windows2003

2004-07-06 03:49:17
Subject: Re: SNMP on Windows2003
From: Brian Ipsen <bin AT PROGRESSIVE DOT DK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 09:22:18 +0200
Hi,

 Forget SNMP support on a Windows based TSM server. Some time ago, when a major
security-flaw was discovered in almost all SNMP implementations, it seemed like
IBM decided not to update the required component for Windows - together with a
statement, that SNMP v1 is insecure. I don't know why they haven't implemented
SNMP v3 or similar, but I've had quite a support-struggle with my supplier,
because the manual and also the course material (for 5.1) says SNMP is
supported - they just forget to write, that it isn't possible on a windows
based server.

Regards,

Brian