ADSM-L

Re: 3582 supported on TSM 5.2.2 AIX ?

2004-07-05 08:17:01
Subject: Re: 3582 supported on TSM 5.2.2 AIX ?
From: Sascha Askani <se7en_t_2 AT GMX DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 14:16:45 +0200
Hi Daniel,

every Subsystem attached to the TSM-Server has its own SCSI-Channel:
3583 (2 LTO1-Drives, Library Controller)
3582 (2 LTO2-Drives, Library Controller)
7337 (2 Drives, Controller)
various external HDDs

I think (or better: hope) that the TSM-Server has to "pick" the right files
from the 3583-Tape, so there is a lot of rewinding and fast-forwarding
involved. (move nodedata for a single (but big) filespace).

Unfortunaltely, topas is not installed and this is not "my" server, I'm
currently at a customer's site, I cannot install anything without begging
:(, so I think I have to wait until a significant amount of data resides on
the new Library so I can "move data" to see how fast the Lib/Drives really
are...

Thanks for your support !!

Greetings,

Sascha