ADSM-L

TDP for MSSQL 5.2.1 performance issues and questions.

2004-06-30 15:50:16
Subject: TDP for MSSQL 5.2.1 performance issues and questions.
From: John C Dury <jdury AT DUQLIGHT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 15:50:00 -0400
One of my users is trying to restore a 22 gig MSSQL database using TDP
v5.2.1. The entire restore is taking several hours from start to finish and
I have no idea why. I've watched the process and once it mounts the tape
(the whole DB fits on 1 tape) ,it just sits for usually hours and appears
to do nothing. Any clues why this is taking so long? We are running our TSM
5.2.2.4 server under AIX 5.1 if it matters. Any suggestion on what to look
at?
Thanks,
John