ADSM-L

Authentication Problem and Downlevel Server version

2004-06-30 09:43:16
Subject: Authentication Problem and Downlevel Server version
From: "Botelho, Tiago" <Tiago.Botelho AT GEDAS DOT PT>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 14:19:51 +0100
Hello everybody

I have a TSM client (version 4.2.1) running on AIX 4.3.3. I have two errors
situation (distinct, I think) on this client.

Situation 1:

When I make a "q node" I receive the following message:
I already change the node name and re-install the client with a new name.

tsm> q node
Please enter your user id <DSFT01>: dsft01

Please enter password for user id "DSFT01":

Node Name: DSFT01
Session established with server TSM: AIX-RS/6000
  Server Version 4, Release 2, Level 3.0
  Server date/time: 06/30/04   14:12:25  Last access: 06/30/04   14:10:02

ANS1943E The operation is not supported: Downlevel server version.
Unknown system error
Please check the TSM Error Log for any additional information

tsm>

Situation 2:

When I try to start the Schedule process, TSM request authentication
On dsm.sys I have the following configuration:

SCHEDMODE PROMPTED
TCPCLIENTADDRESS dsft01
PASSWORDACCESS GENERATE
   COMMmethod         TCPip
   TCPPort            1500

root@dsft01:/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin> (dsmc sched &)
[1]     39198
root@dsft01:/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin> Tivoli Storage Manager
Command Line Backup Client Interface - Version 4, Release 2, Level 1.0
(C) Copyright IBM Corporation, 1990, 2001, All Rights Reserved.

Querying server for next scheduled event.
Node Name: DSFT01
Please enter your user id <DSFT01>:
ANS1029E Communications have been dropped.
Scheduler has been stopped.

Could you provide me some help on those problems?

Thank you

Tiago