ADSM-L

LTO estimated capacity drops

2004-06-30 02:44:24
Subject: LTO estimated capacity drops
From: Gordon Woodward <gordon.woodward AT DB DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 16:43:57 +1000
Just analysing our TSM install today as tapes have been getting chewed up
quicker then normal, despite no confuration changes being made at server or
client side. We have client-side compression turned on (hardware off) and we
were getting about 140-180Gb of data on each tape before they being marked as
full. Looking today though it has practically halved in capacity (or more in
some cases) dropping anywhere from 45-90Gb of data before being labeled full.

Any ideas what might cause this? The nature of our data hasn't changed at all,
could dirty drives cause such a drastic reduction in capacity?

TIA!

Gordon

notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized
forbidden.