ADSM-L

Re: Win XP client and Netware 3.2

2004-06-28 18:06:09
Subject: Re: Win XP client and Netware 3.2
From: Troy Frank <Troy.Frank AT UWMF.WISC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 17:05:09 -0500
You would need to keep the computer logged in with a Netware user that
has rights to what you want to back up.   If UserA has the rights, is
logged into the netware server, and has a drive mapped to your data, you
should be able to tell TSM to backup H:\ , G:\ , or whatever drive it
is.

You should also mention to them (in a less abrasive way ;), that it's
retarded to still be running Netware 3.2.   It's not supported anymore,
and an upgrade license to 6.5 wouldn't be that expensive.  They would
likely need new hardware, but being up to date would allow them to run a
TSM agent natively on the server, instead of using this hack.
Not  to mention the mountain of additional functionality that NW6.5 has
over 3.2.

Troy Frank
Network Services
University of Wisconsin Medical Foundation
608.829.5384

>>> JCrnjanski AT INFINITYNETWORK DOT COM 6/28/2004 4:42:57 PM >>>
Hi All,

I have a prospect customer with Netware 3.2 server.
I was planning to install Windows client on one of the workstations and
backup Netware server.
I remember in the past we tried something like this and we had problems
with windows service account logging to NetWare server.

Any advice appreciated,

Joe Crnjanski
Infinity Network Solutions Inc.
Phone: 416-235-0931 x26
Fax: 416-235-0265
Web: www.infinitynetwork.com

Confidentiality Notice follows:

The information in this message (and the documents attached to it, if any)
is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for
the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorized. If
you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution
or any action taken, or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this message in
error, please delete all electronic copies of this message (and the
documents attached to it, if any), destroy any hard copies you may have
created and notify me immediately by replying to this email. Thank you.